Joshua Chin is the Co-founder & CEO of Chronos Agency, a lifecycle marketing agency helping high-growth DTC brands scale profits through email, SMS, and mobile push marketing. They are a global team of 80-plus that acts as an extension of the client’s business.
Joshua is also the host of the eCommerce Profits Podcast, where he features top founders and experts in the ecommerce industry and unveils the struggles & successes in growing ecommerce brands profitably.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [02:16] Joshua Chin talks about what he learned from Mina Elias
- [04:00] Lessons from how Eymel Daniel grew ForChics to 8-figures in revenue
- [05:40] In The Tanner Larsson episode, everyone should checkout
- [07:07] The mindset, values, and strategies for becoming an 8-figure Amazon seller with Brandon Young
- [09:51] Joshua talks about the episode with Davie Fogarty and the incredible story of how he grew The Oodie from 10 to 200 million in revenue
- [17:02] Scaling remote teams with Adam Turner
- [24:21] Creating powerful ads for your brand with Daniel Harmon
- [26:19] How to build a highly successful ecommerce brand with Ezra Firestone
- [28:12] Big mistakes people make with email and SMS marketing
In this episode…
It’s been an incredibly successful past year for the eCommerce Profits Podcast. Episode after episode, elite ecommerce entrepreneurs came on to share the story behind the shine of growing their brands. Each has a unique perspective of what works and what doesn’t in the ecommerce industry.
If you’re an ecommerce entrepreneur searching for a streamlined way to learn from other top ecommerce business owners, this episode is for you. Every interview mentioned in this episode is guaranteed to positively affect your business, from insights on running ads, scaling teams, and making your business sellable.
In this episode of the eCommerce Profits Podcast, Joshua Chin talks with Dr. Jeremy Weisz, Co-founder of Rise25. They review Joshua’s past guests on the podcast and the biggest takeaway from each one.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Joshua Chin on LinkedIn
- Chronos Agency
- eCommerce Growth Hackers Facebook Group
- Dr. Jeremy Weisz on LindedIn
- ”How To Audit Amazon PPC Campaigns for Profitable Sales With Mina Elias, CEO of MMA Nutrition LLC”
- ”How ForChics Scaled Past 8-Figures With High-converting eCommerce Ad Creatives With Eymel Daniel, Co-founder of ForChics”
- ”How To Optimize Ecommerce Revenues With Tanner Larsson, Founder and CEO at Build Grow Scale”’
- ”The Mindset, Values, and Strategies for Becoming an 8-Figure Amazon Seller With Brandon Young, CEO Seller Systems”
- ”The Power of Native Ads to Scale eCommerce Brands with James Van Elswyk, Founder of Symphony Agency”
- ”Frameworks for Scaling a $250m DTC Business in 3 Years with Davie Fogarty of The Oodie”
- “Scaling eCommerce Brands Through Google Ads With Sebastian Ghiorghiu, CEO at Digital Wealth MB”
- ”How To Make Your Ecommerce Business Sellable With Ben Leonard of Ecom Brokers”
- “Persevering as an Entrepreneur with Kara Goldin of Hint”
- ”Rising Above the Noise in the eCommerce Beauty Category With Ric Kostick of 100% PURE”
- “The Stress-Free Way To Profitable Micro-Influencer Marketing With David Morneau”
- ”Scaling Remote Teams, Maintaining Culture, and Growing Through SMS Marketing” with Adam Turner
- ”Getting the Most Out of Your Exit With Joe Valley of Quiet Light Brokerage”
- ”How to Build Highly Successful eCommerce Brands with Ezra Firestone of Smart Marketer”
- ”Creating Powerful Ads For Your Brand with Daniel Harmon, Chief Creative Officer at Harmon Brothers”
- Ecommerce Evolved: The Essential Playbook To Build, Grow & Scale A Successful Ecommerce Business by Tanner Larsson
- Undaunted: Overcoming Doubts and Doubters by Kara Goldin
- The EXITPreneur’s Playbook: How to Sell Your Online Business for Top Dollar by Reverse Engineering Your Pathway to Success by Joe Valley
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Chronos Agency.
If you are a direct-to-consumer ecommerce brand that wants to unlock the optimum customer lifetime value through email marketing, then look no further than Chronos Agency!
Our team of passionate email marketing experts has helped hundreds of brands generate over $70 million in return from email alone, and our clients receive an average of 3500% ROI from our efforts.
Chronos Agency has worked with a variety of brands, including Truly Beauty, Alya Skin, and many more. Our mission is to help real businesses achieve real results.
Welcome to the eCommerce Pofits Podcast where we feature top founders and experts in the ecommerce Industry and take an in depth look at the struggles and successes in growing ecommerce brands profitably.
Joshua Chin 0:21
Hey guys, Josh Chin here, I’m the host of the eCommerce Profits Podcast where we feature top experts and founders in the ecommerce Industry. We go behind the scenes of the struggles and successes in growing a brand. I have Dr. Jeremy Weisz here from Rise25, who has done 1000s of interviews with successful entrepreneurs and leaders in ecommerce and various industries and we have flipped the script today and he will be interviewing
Jeremy Weisz 0:48
Josh I’m excited and this is a special episode because this is a year in review episodes here to talk about some of the top lessons learned some of the guests you’ve had on and some of your favorite stories and before we get to that this episode is brought to you by Chronos Agency if you’re watching the video, you can see it’s on the screen right now. And if you’re a direct to consumer ecommerce brand is ready for next level growth and actually unlock the customer lifetime value through email marketing, SMS, and push this is you want to call Chronos company that’s what they do. They’ve helped hundreds of brands get over $70 million in return from email, SMS and mobile push and their clients get an average of 3500% ROI from their efforts and you know, they’ve worked with Truly Beauty many skin and beauty brands so I don’t know why Josh some you know, beauty brands and apparel brands are attract to you but I know you have a lot of direct to consumer. So you know the next step you know their team [email protected], and you can go to Chronos.Agency to learn more. And obviously, check out the episodes in the podcast. So we’re gonna go through, if you’re looking at this Chronos.Agency/podcast page, you can see all of them or get them on Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you like listening. The first one we’re going to go through is how to audit Amazon PPC campaigns for profitable sales with Mina. What a nice, super nice, friendly, smart guy what stuck out for you with Mina,
Joshua Chin 2:16
Mina is one of those guys that I truly enjoy having conversation with. He’s someone that I really respect. Not because he’s done incredible things in his businesses he has, but most importantly, he’s someone that I want to learn from, because we have very common values that I really respect. And in this conversation, Jeremy, we and you, you’re you’re in the Ecom, ecom space as well, specifically Amazon, and I’m a complete stranger to the Amazon space until I met Mina. And he taught me everything that I needed to know about Amazon, essentially. And a big part of the conversation that we had was around how Shopify businesses can create a completely different sales channel and capture existing attention on Amazon as a marketplace. And as an additional sales channel that may be previously untapped. What I’ve come to realize is that a lot of existing businesses on Shopify, already have search volume and people looking for their branded products on Amazon that they’re not actively capturing, which is then captured by competitors and alternative products. And it’s just money left on the table that they are not capturing. So really interesting conversation, we went into detail on how he structures his audit process, and how he thinks about creating a successful Amazon store. So wonderful, wonderful, awesome.
Jeremy Weisz 3:51
Love it. So the next one we’re going to talk about is Dan, and ForChics scaled past eight figures with high converting ecommerce ad creatives.
Joshua Chin 4:00
What’s an account? It’s incredible. Dan is one of the one of our oldest clients at Chronos. We’ve been working together for over I think three years now. It’s incredible. And with Chronos has been around for like four and a half years. Right. So he’s been there for the majority of our existence. And we’ve seen how Dan scaled his brand ForChics a beauty brand from basically one mil a year to what it is today. And over the past three years is carry over 25. I think it’s like the latest number that I got from him was 27 mil in revenue. And I asked him what changed along the way as he scaled from his initial one mil to 2527 mil. And his number one answer was creatives and specifically high quality creative testing. That may not be what you think it’s not about creating a massive production have videos and images that look really, really amazing. It’s starting from the endpoint of what you’re trying to accomplish with the performance of those ads, and coming up with creatives that serve that outcome that you’re trying to accomplish. Really interesting view, we broke down what it takes to succeed in the landscape of, you know, the war between Apple and Facebook. It’s a it’s a nightmare. But strong creatives will always win. So that was a fun interview.
Jeremy Weisz 5:30
Love it. Next. Tanner, Larsson. He’s OG old school. And you talked about how we optimize ecommerce revenues.
Joshua Chin 5:40
He is one of the entrepreneurs that I looked up to for a long time, even before I started Chronos as a company, it’s insane. Because BGS as a company, agency, and events organizer has been around for a long time. And Tanner himself has been in this scene for over since 20 2003 2002. Essentially, when eBay launched, which is insane to think about. So eBay was his first kind of venture into ecommerce. And that’s how long he’s been in the scene. And he’s kind of seen the evolution of ecommerce. And we talked about what has changed and what hasn’t changed, and what it takes to optimize revenue for ecommerce today. And he’s wrote what a lot of his readers call the Bible of ecommerce in his book, ecommerce revolution ever. Sorry, Ecommerce Evolved. And he’s wrote two versions, and then he made a refresh very recently. Definitely check that out. And we talked a little bit about his thought process around building successful ecommerce brands.
[Continue to Page 2]